The Truth Is A Bitter Pill.

02:38


So recently I bought this book titled "Help for hair pullers", as mentioned in my last post. I've been reading it when I found the time at home. Inside this book it goes into in depth detail about the disorder and its different aspects such as its causes how it affects other people  in your life etc Theres also self help parts, questionnaires and tables to fill out. I've got to the first questionnaire, "Identifying Your Hair-Pulling Picture", the purpose is to identify the characteristics of this condition and try to understand it. Today I learnt something new about me. (Below are the pictures from the questionnaire). 




 Today I found out I also have Dermatillomania or more commonly known as skin picking, a lot of TTM sufferers also suffer from Dermatillomania as they go hand in hand, so to speak, being BFRBs. I never really thought about it, I am aware of certain things I do but I didn't think it was a big deal or out of the ordinary. I also never educated myself on it, as I never thought it was something I had and I have never been diagnosed with it. I feel though this condition had developed way further in my life, when I was much older, possibly to the point it probably started in my late teens or something. I guess the skin picking is not as severe as the hair pulling, the hair pulling only results in negative outcomes and emotions, whilst skin picking never affected any aspect of my life.

But as you can see from the rest of my answers, it just validates everything I have said in past posts about this condition.

I just wanted to do a quick update, so thats all I got to say on it for now, will update with further information when I can.

Peace, Love and Positivity.
Cherry x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like my page on Facebook

Views