Braving the shave.

23:12

I've been contemplating this for years, and after this weekends positive events, I have made the decision to  do a full  shave of my head. I figured I am doing so well without pulling my hair out, why not reinforce it further by shaving it,  theres so many pros to why I think I should do this.


1. Other TTM sufferers do it and find it helps in prevention of pulling and when they get urges they just shave regrowth, I guess if I can keep up this no pull mentality, the urge to do so may go completely. Well this is what I am hoping.  

2. Shaving hair makes it grow back healthier and thicker. This along with coconut oil massages on my head should stimulate healthy regrowth, which is a lot easier to apply when your dont have long strands of hair in the way.

3. The shaved head looks bad ass maybe not on me, but it would be nice to look at myself with a more even hair style, right now my hair is  wild looking sticking up at random places and I look like    Einstein.

4. My hair is growing back rather quick, because I am blessed but shaving means my hair will grow back at an even rate all at the same length so I am hoping in 6 months I can at least have some sort of style to it, without looking crazy.

5.   Cutting off my extremely long locks was a hard step but  it meant I manage my hair so much easier no more tangles and matted clumps of hair and its easier to maintain. It will become even easier if I shave it.

I was against it for a while because I had this fear  of my wig sliding off with nothing to grip onto. Well I don't have to worry anymore there's 2 methods that will secure it in place. I'm going to do this first until I can find decent elastic and try the elastic band method. Vids below.






Here's to shaving when It looks more even all around, I'll start posting growth progress pics!!!
Peace, love and positivity.
Cherry x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like my page on Facebook

Views