I braved the shave and survived.

18:14

So I went through with the shave, pic is below. I feel so empowered by it and the shame and embarrassment of my hair has gone.



What made me do it? Refer to my last blog post I listed reasons why I wanted to do it.

Do I regret it? Absolutely not, in fact I wish I didn't spend years  umming and ahhhing about it and just went ahead and did it. I want to say thanks to my boyfriend for making me feel more empowered and confident about myself than I have ever felt before.

So now its shaved, I am not yet brave enough to go out in public exposed, so I will stick to wigs until it gets to an "acceptable" length in Korea. I live in a country of vanity and group mentality, when someone looks different here it's automatically seen as a negative thing. Which is also why I wear wigs to work.

I did notice that once my hair was shaved how sore and red my scalp was,  I noticed all the pull sites have scabbing and dry skin (eeeew) I had not seen this before, but it made me realize just how badly damaged my scalp was from pulling out my hair. So now I am dedicating my free time to nourishing and caring for my scalp and hair, which includes hair masks, massages and hair oil treatments.

My hair grows pretty fast like I'm sure I've mentioned so many times before, but I feel 16 years of pulling out my hair could have some lasting damage on my hair growth.
Since I was a kid my mum used to rub coconut oil in my hair and fresh aloe vera plant on my scalp, so I grew up with real awesome hair (before I decided to rip it out).

 I heard recently from the TTM community that castor oil is a miracle oil for hair growth because it promotes circulation, makes hair grow back faster, renews roots faster and hair is all round healthier and thicker. Some have mentioned an increase in amount of hair on their head. So I'm going to give it a try, bald or not I think its a great way to promote healthier hair.

The video is below on how to make your own hair mask. It's recommended to apply it twice a week and within a month results are rather noticeable, but I heard it being as soon as 2 weeks. I've got coconut oil and I applied it after my shower yesterday to help relieve the dry skin. Coconut oil is a multi-purpose product so it not only nourishes hair, it moisturizes and is also an antibacterial. WIN!!


Also today marks seven days being pull free!!!! So I'm going to celebrate today with my family in town with some chicken wings!!!!! Will update on hair growth, pull progress soon!!! WOOOOOO!!!


Peace, love and motherfucking positivity!

Cherry x



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like my page on Facebook

Views